Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Introduction to the Troublesome Trio

I have added a new label 'troublesome trio' to the already existing labels. Now let me introduce you to the trio... first and the youngest is Mariya who also happens to be my sis who is three years younger to me....the second and the middle one is Neet who is two years younger to me... the third and the eldest of this trio is myself Anne...

We became friends when our family moved into the colony.... though we call it a colony it was not really designed to be a colony....... the manner in which the hous got constructed lead it to becoming a natural colony.....the straight lane leading into the colony led to the church compounds and from where it forked to the left and the right where they meet dead ends and thus the colony being created of closely knit group of ten families.... the three of us were ones who in age were similar with just an age gap of two or three years amongst us ..... the rest of the kids in the colony were either younger or elder to us.. and the remaining who were in our age slot were boys... added to this we were together as part of the choir....leading the three of us to getting together scheming plans against the rest of them ;)

Friday evening after class and weekends in the colony were fun... in the initial years when we had moved into the colony the people in the colony and believers going to the church had a hard time walking down our lane...... as we used to play cricket, football, rugby and all possible games and created great racket.... as we started going on to higher classes these game filled Fridays slowly turned out to more peaceful Fridays when the three of us would stand at the "Trinity corner" that is what we had named the point where the straight lane leading into the colony forked out into three.......the corner where it forked there is a lamp post which was christened as 'the Trinity Corner' by the three of us. It was these Friday and weekend meetings along with the choir practices that strengthened our bond

The three of us had our usual meeting at the Trinity corner till we, that is my family shifted back to Mumbai five years back :( Even today on Friday evening and weekends when I am free I long to go back to the old days and have our meetings at the Trinity corner where we used to talk for hours on end on God alone knows what all subjects......... and kept on talking there till our moms gave three warning until finally they had to come to literally drag us home :)

We have grown so close over the years that we feel that Neet is also my sis ....... so much so that when I went to Bangalore to pursue my degree I told my friends there that I have two sisters younger to me Neet and Mariya....... and it continued to be told like that till the day she got married :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blank canvas awaiting to be filled.............the random thoughts which seldom stop.....a spark