Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Work life

It has now been almost 6 month since I have joined work, all those images and dreams during college days about work and life as a whole has given way to bitter truth.

In my dream I saw myself as the highly popular marketing personality working for an FMCG company ideally located in Bangalore as it was the city in which I did my degree and fell in love with (this was seen before the campus placements took place) . This dream of working in FMCG Company came to a screeching halt as soon as I got placed in a software firm through campus placement.

According to the placement talks and presentations given by the company into which I got selected. The dream took a bit of a deviation to fit myself into the software scenario. I saw myself as the jet setting lady who markets software solutions to the potential clients who are located all over the country...working on my lappy at airports and client locations .......not being able to see my family for months on end nor being able to contact my friends as I would always be on the move.

This came to a complete screeching halt when I faced reality, the project I got after joining was not exactly of the dreams and imagination I had...... it certainly did not need me to market any of their products (as the are still just making it).........the beautiful city of Bangalore in which my dream was always set in ......... got transformed into Hyderabad.......the thought of the busy lady who do not see her family for month at end got transformed into virtually being home every weekend (happy about this dream going wrong)....... the client location did not spread across the country but got fixed to a state and city..... Hyderabad. So much for dreaming and coming back down to earth with a thud face down ...... ;) OUCH!!!!!! tat hurts :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blank canvas awaiting to be filled.............the random thoughts which seldom stop.....a spark