Friday, May 16, 2008

Weirdoes I met in my job :)

My experience of first job has been quite different from what many of my classmates are experiencing in their first job and I am happy about that. The atmosphere at office is not very different from my days at college. The project into which I was mapped into was one where there were 17 of us management graduates freshly out of college. And since we are all operating from the client location the pressures of the real office is not present here. We enjoy working in between the loads of fun we have at office.

The weirdoes that I got to meet here are many and I will describe a few of them. The first weirdo is VJ whose only aim in life is eating. For him life is all about eating he is never full even though he has had a full chicken biriyani along with the starter like Nan and chicken. He considers himself as a bad eater as he finishes the last among the lot. He learned the art of speaking Hindi only after joining this project and now considers himself to be the guru making new word and new meaning to the already rich language. An example of his addition to this language is 'Jaane ki kona hain' which simply means 'I am hungry' this proves my points that he is passionate about food and start talking to him any language it will ultimately lead to food.

The next weirdo whom I met was Nishi, the first person in my life whom I have seen who can laugh non stop for half an hour straight and I am not exaggerating when I say this. He can talk nonsense for hours and can start of with his laughter at the drop of a pin. Talking about Nishi alone when talking about weirdoes would be left incomplete if the partner in crime is not mentioned and that is Viks. Viks was the original Hindi guru before VJ took over his position, Viks attains the position of weirdo only when he is around with Nishi when both of these get together it is laughter riot for the rest of us here in office sometimes getting us in doubts as to who is the crazy one those two or the rest of us around.

Though I have named them weirdoes they are great people to have as friends and they are the reason why my experience at work has become so memorable, fun filled, lovely and definitely different from what my classmates are experiencing in their first job. I am sure not many of us are lucky enough to have such a fun filled start in our career and I consider myself really lucky in this aspect :)

2 comments:

  1. poora jhoot...kahani loot....nai tho aayega bhooth!!

    ReplyDelete

A blank canvas awaiting to be filled.............the random thoughts which seldom stop.....a spark