Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Speed! It thrills but kills.....

Speed thrills but kills a phrase often seen on the highways asking us to slow down on the highways. But speed does give the thrill which makes us forget that it might also lead to our death if not careful.

I love zooming on my Honda Activa through the highways in Kochi. It is a great stress reliever for me and I did not realize how much I missed the rides on my Activa until I rode it two weeks back after a gap of 6 to 7 months when I had gone down to Kochi for a few days. It is so exhilarating to zoom on it through the highways in Kochi as road are clear and congestion free and we can go up to an 80kmph for sure and need not go below a 60kmph for a major portion of our rides.

While on the Activa I love the wind blowing against me, sneaking my way through the huge traffic blocks, the stress ebbing out of me with the increasing speed ohhh!!! I just love this and more. I consider myself more a bike lover than a car lover as I just love the rides taken on the bikes be it a pillion ride on the bikes or just simply ridding it.

While doing my MBA whenever I felt bored at hostel I used to sneak out with my Activa for long rides through the seaport airport road (which is wide straight stretch which joins the airport to the seaport for transporting the cargo fast and smooth) as it did never saw much traffic. Zooming through this road was and still is one my favorite pastimes whenever I get the time to do it on my vacations in Kerala.

The Activa I think is the best gift given to me by my parents. The independence and freedom experienced while riding it cannot be explained. It surely is exhilarating to just zoom on it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blank canvas awaiting to be filled.............the random thoughts which seldom stop.....a spark