Saturday, March 27, 2010

'The Book'

I have already written about the two persons who inspired me or were the reason for me to start blogging. Today I am going to talk about a person who inspires me to continue writing it and whose one question for sure whenever I give him a call is whether I have posted any new entries?

His name is Vikas Verma and he is a friend I got at my stint with Satyam in Hyderabad. He is also the one who inspired me to write the blog titled ‘consequences of marriage’. He was one of the boyfriends whose initial confusion after marriage was directly seen by me and inspired me to write it. :D

These days in addition to asking about new entries he also asks whether I have started to write ‘The Book’. He believes that I could very well write a book and would be successful in it. For that faith of his in my writing I have promised him that if and when I write a book it would be dedicated to him. It is as a gratitude for his belief in my writing a belief I do not have in me.

I have forever dreamed of writing a book, I do not know if I will but when I have a friend who believes and pushes me to it I am sure I might end up writing one in future.

The better part of this deal is that I am assured of having 100 copies of my book being sold. He has taken it up to himself to sell a 100 copies of the book that I write and hence would be the first book in the history of mankind to have sold a 100 copies even before the author started writing it (imagine a smiley with a sheepish smile here).

Vikas this entry is for you and the book when I write it would also be dedicated to you. For the faith that you have in my writing and in turn for the faith you have in me. Thank you. :)

1 comment:

  1. It's been a long time since u posted something.
    You got married or what???

    ReplyDelete

A blank canvas awaiting to be filled.............the random thoughts which seldom stop.....a spark