Monday, March 01, 2010

Assisi - Adieu !

First ever article that was written by me.... it was for the school magazine :D

June 1st 1995 - I entered into the Assisi Campus with my Mother and Sister. There were lots of unfamiliar faces all around me and a great hustle and bustle as parents and children rushed about looking for their respective classes. Yes, you've guessed it - that was my first day at Assisi. I looked with trepidation into this ocean of unfamiliarity..... There, next to a pillar stood a girl of my age. We walked in that direction and introduced ourselves. I came to know that her name was Neethu Jaleel and she too had joined in Class VI. Together, we walked into the Class marked "VI" which was on the first floor....

It was full of students who all seemed to know each other very well. We sat on the first bench; the only one left unoccupied. Two benches behind a boy wearing spectacles with weird hair standing all up straight as though it had received an electric shock, was busy chatting away to all those around him, thereby setting up a hilarious mood in the class room. Later, I came to know that he was called Remy.

Days, months, years flew by intercepted by exams, holidays, new friendships, quarrels, new comers and partings....seven years later, here I am at good old Assisi suddenly faced with a threatening reality of it being my last year here. Of course, I am no longer the lost young girl I was. The class I look upon is filled with my friends, who over the years have grown very dear to me. And Remy was still there with his hair looking weirder still and his blabbering continuing nonstop, inevitably succeeding in sending his listeners to sleep. There are many new faces and also many missing. I and my friend are about to leave Assisi and all of a sudden we realize how hard it is going to be for us to separate from the big Assisian Family we have become so much a part of.

We will leave Assisi as students with better personality, talents and a sense of individuality. Thank you, Assisi, for every thing you have done for us. I am not sure enough whether I am ready to step out into the new world and I think that the same goes for the others too. Our teachers who have led us through the complicated maze of Life so far, would not be there any longer to advise or protect. Nor will my friends be there to lend a comforting shoulder to sob on in times of distress.

We have a word of advice for our juniors, i.e., Enjoy your school days at Assisi to the fullest, in the best way possible, so that at the end of all you may look back with fond memories. Teachers we are really going to Miss you. Though we have not often said this to you, we take this opportunity to say "we love you very much and thank you" for all that you have done for us. Please don't forget us, the famous trouble-makers and remember us in your prayers as we step out from under your protective shadows into the big, wide and strange world before us.
Sweet Adieu, assisi.................!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blank canvas awaiting to be filled.............the random thoughts which seldom stop.....a spark