Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The greatest blessing of being born a woman

The miracle of carrying a new life within you and bringing it into this world is the greatest blessing a woman has. The experience of those nine months is something every woman looks forward to and I guess would never be forgotten after experiencing it.

The joy of knowing that you are carrying inside you a new life and that now you are not one but two. 2 of my friends from school are expecting and they say how the baby kicks since their 6th and 7th months of pregnancy. The period when our whole personality changes when we start eating thinks which we hated before just because the life which we carry inside loves it. How our disposition changes to some of what the baby would have. We start loving some particular scents which we never knew existed before.

How we can know even before the baby is born if the baby is going to be a late or early sleeper or riser. My aunt while she was expecting my cousin brother would tell that he used to be up and active till after midnight and used to get up late in the morning sometimes getting her into panic as he used to not move until 11 in the morning. When my cousin was born this was what he continued to be a late sleeper and a late riser.

I am yet to experience this miracle which I have been looking forward to. The miracle of carrying and giving life, it is something which I count as the greatest blessing that God can ever bestow upon a human being and he blessed only us women to do this miracle. One of the reasons I feel lucky to be born a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blank canvas awaiting to be filled.............the random thoughts which seldom stop.....a spark